Music Man Rehearsal

ISO: 1000
APERTURE: 2.8
SHUTTER SPEED: 1/50

This was the worst assignment on the face of the Earth. Who wants to shoot in the theatre with the lights on anyways? It's ridiculously hard. My flash didn't do anything for me at all. There was no point in having it since there were so many different types of lighting in the theatre. I used my 17-50, but I ended up having to run my ISO up extremely high, so my pictures were noisy. I switched and used to 50 millimeter, but then it bothered me that I couldn't zoom, so I did a lot of running around. I liked this picture because of the pose. Leah is framed in the middle. I don't like that the lights are directly behind everyone and that she isn't centered between them. I tried to straighten the picture in Lightroom, but for some reason this is how it kept turning out. This is one of the only picture that didn't end up with a lot of motion blur because of such a slow shutter speed. Shutter speeds below 1/250 make my heart cringe.  I absolutely love shooting in the theatre...when the lights are off. 

Comments

Popular

First Place ATPI Advanced Portfolio

Ashley Tyson Senior Pictures

Headshots: Carlie Clem