Headshots: Carlie Clem


ISO: 800
SHUTTER SPEED: 1/8000
APERTURE: F/1.8

I honestly really enjoyed taking headshots today, but I can see how that would get unenjoyable. 

This wasn't originally my favorite photo that I had taken today. It had a huge contrast where on the left it was extremely dark, but on the right it was extremely light. I ended up fixing most of it in Lightroom. 

I still don't like how she has a shadow across the forehead, but I didn't want to tweak it too much and ruin the photo. 

I had a hard time trying to keep glares and overexposed spots out of my photos. Out of around 50 of my photos, I ended up keeping about 6. 

I think my biggest problem with headshots will be finding the right lighting. I did learn the when using the rule of thirds, have your model face more towards the middle of the photo. Don't get shots from under them as much because of chins, noses, shadows and other complications. Don't leave too much head room either. Something to help would have been to place Carlie farther back on another column.

Comments

Popular

First Place ATPI Advanced Portfolio

Ashley Tyson Senior Pictures