Mock Assignment: Ant's Perspective (10)


Just FYI; I feel like I am sitting in a saggy diaper just from taking these pictures. I didn't realize it rained when I volunteered for this assignment, but I feel better about some of these photos compared to the passed two days. My assignment was the "Get Dirty" assignment. I had to take everything from an ant's perspective.
ISO: 800
APERTURE: 2.5
SHUTTER SPEED: 1/8000

I took this from under the giant Texas High star. I laid in a puddle. I think this is the only kind of acceptable bulls eye picture. It looks super underexposed.  

ISO: 800
APERTURE: 5.6
SHUTTER SPEED: 1/200

This picture is extremely boring. I could have spiced it up by having a comparison in the picture like a foot or something, but oh well. 

ISO: 800
APERTURE: 5.6
SHUTTER SPEED: 1/320

Josh and I originally found this tennis ball here on the ground. We pondered whether to get a picture of the cool looking shattered glass or the tennis ball. Great minds think alike, so we used both the objects in the picture. 

ISO: 800
APERTURE: 10
SHUTTER SPEED: 1/1000

This is my least favorite picture. Everything blends together. It's way too dark and overexposed. It's a cliche tree picture. It's really gross. 

ISO: 800
APERTURE: 11
SHUTTER SPEED: 1/320

This is by far my most favorite picture I have taken so far. I'm extremely proud of this. There is a lot of detail. The picture is framed. You can see the rust, chipped paint and chains very clearly. I just feel as though this is one of my best works.I wasn't even looking when I took this. I basically aimed and guessed. I could probably lighten the background because it seems kind of bland, but I'm very proud. 

ISO: 800
APERTURE: 11
SHUTTER SPEED: 1/320

This is the only picture that I posted more then one shot of. I feel like this was worth posting. Not as great as the picture above, but not extremely terrible. I liked the one before better because it was framed. In this one, the fire hydrant is dead center which doesn't look as interesting. 

ISO: 800
APERTURE: 10
SHUTTER SPEED: 1/500

These steps are obviously underexposed a tad. (My reoccurring problem.) Luckily, there is depth and detail. 

ISO: 800
APERTURE: 11
SHUTTER SPEED: 1/30

This is lame. Not interesting. Yeah. At least things are focused. 

ISO: 400
APERTURE: 11
SHUTTER SPEED: 1/200

This is the same tennis ball from earlier. Josh kept it and played with it, but I took it to snap this shot. I feel like this one looks nice. There is some detail in the green fuzz, but you can still make out the back ground. Again, shooting in a puddle. 

ISO: 400
APERTURE: 5.6
SHUTTER SPEED: 1/100

It's pretty cool how you can see the gritty dirt on the tire. Moving on. 

ISO: 800
APERTURE: 11
SHUTTER SPEED: 1/200

I wanted to be artsy with this, but it's probably a crappy photo in actuality. I probably could have chosen a better background. 
After this I started breaking out on my legs from sitting in wet grass for so long. This better at least be a decent picture. 

ISO: 1600
APERTURE: 11
SHUTTER SPEED: 1/30

This was basically me trying to come up with a last photo. Here ya go. 


Some of these were complete crap, but for being my third day with a camera, some of these turned out nicely. 

Comments

Popular

First Place ATPI Advanced Portfolio

Ashley Tyson Senior Pictures

Headshots: Carlie Clem