Cross Country

ISO: 250
APERTURE: 3.5
SHUTTER SPEED: 1/3200

Cross country was hard to shoot because you have to know the layout of the race before it actually starts. This course went through woods and different lightings, so I was constantly changing my settings which was horrible. I had to run with the bigma and a monopod to try and set up in front of the crowds before the students ran by. I basically had to know when the last texas high student ran by to run to the next spot in front of all these crazy parents and students in the mud then rush to change settings and test them in time to get our students. It sucked because running with the bigma is not fun or smart. This picture was perfect because I was able to sit right behind the finish line and wait on everyone to come running by and get their cards. The sun was perfect. Not too bright or too dark. (A problem I ran into in the woods were shadows.) I love ths picture because you can see all Grant's veins in his neck and it almost tells a story. He's straining and pushing himself. I could've done a better job editing it though. He almost looks like he has a glow around him, but it's not too bad. What I absolutely love about assignments like this is that I can run my ISO really low (high?) and get a super fast shutter speed. Shutter speeds faster than 1/250th make my heart warm and flutter. 

Comments

Popular

First Place ATPI Advanced Portfolio

Ashley Tyson Senior Pictures

Headshots: Carlie Clem