High Key

I have done high key for the second time now. This time I took notes on how to set up everything and how to change settings so I will be able to do it in the future. 

ISO: 200
APERTURE: 10
SHUTTER SPEED: 1/60

DJ is obviously of darker skin. It wasn't very hard trying to get him to show up on a white background. The problem I had with him was editing like most of my high key pictures. First, I worried about getting the white background as white as possible by looking at the RGB percentages and getting them as close to 100% as possible. Then, I went back and worried about getting detail back into DJ. After that was finished I went back and brought up the exposure on the hulk mask so it pops more. It bugs me because I know that his elbow is snipped off slightly, but to others it may not appear that way. That's just my pet peeve since I took the picture and noticed it.  


ISO: 200
APERTURE: 11
SHUTTER SPEED: 1/60

Sabrina is definitely not naked. I took this picture first, before we got correct settings. The problem I had taking this was that Sabrina kept looking extremely washed out. I had to eventually fix that in Lightroom. My second major problem was that the assignment called for a vertical picture, but if the picture ended up vertical I either would've cut out her shoulders or her sports bra would have ended up in the picture. There was no way to get a close shot with it being vertical. I ended up getting as best I could and cropping it to a square because Potter said it didn't matter since it was high key. 


Comments

Popular

First Place ATPI Advanced Portfolio

Ashley Tyson Senior Pictures

Headshots: Carlie Clem