Fire Ant Classic- Drumline

I did not have a flash to shoot this event which ended up being on the football field, so most my images turned out like crap. Half of them wouldn't color correct. On top of that, while we had the field in competition, I couldn't walk on the field. I stood by the fence in about a foot long width of space, therefore I couldn't shoot people in the back. I could only see the people in the front.  I text Sydney to check on settings since I didn't have a flash (and didn't think about breaking the cardinal sin of using pop-up flash) and she told me to run my ISO up to 4000-5000. That seemed a little ridiculous to me, but nothing else worked, and I was pretty desperate. 

ISO: 5000
APERTURE: 5.6
SHUTTER SPEED: 1/160
LENS: 70-200

I felt this was a good photo-journalistic picture while I was trying to get it, but of course, my luck it didn't turn out. If I had a flash it would've turned out so much better. All their drums are laying in front of them, and if the flash was used then you could make out that their director is talking to them in a huddle. The director is the only face you can see. I REALLY anted this shot, but it could've been a thousand times better.

ISO: 4000
APERTURE: 4.0
SHUTTER SPEED: 1/250
LENS: 70-200

When our drumline had to go back out on the field for the awards presentation, I decided I was gonna be smart and get in the stands where I could see them and hang off the front with the longest lens I had. I like this one because it has the representatives with their awards, but you can't really make out who they are because of the shadows on their faces. The lighting is horrid and no matter how many times I tried to color correct all these photos they turned out really weird.

Comments

Popular

First Place ATPI Advanced Portfolio

Ashley Tyson Senior Pictures

Headshots: Carlie Clem