Fandom

 ISO: 100
APERTURE: 5.6
SHUTTER SPEED: 1/10

This was a happy accident. I personally like this picture. Not that I would put it in the newspaper or yearbook, but I just think it's a good image. It wasn't originally supposed to be taken. It wasn't planned at all. I had him kneeling on his knees because he was too y'all that the white paper for high key was right behind his head. I took the green light (B200? I think?) and placed it behind him. I've had like no work with sillouettes prior to this. I knew what I wanted to get done, and I was winging it on how to get it. My idea was to back light him so he was a sillouette basically. I didn't want his front lit. The light saber was supposed to work just like a flashlight would during painting with light. I wasn't worried about that too much. My problem I ran into was that instead of the light carrying around him in almost a halo type glow, he was just blocking it. The only thing I could see lighting up was the light saber. I didn't really understand why it wasn't working so I adjusted the light to make it brighter. That didn't help really. By this time, Bailey came in and started helping me. We put a flash on the camera and set it at 1/64. She told me about the half scoop white shade thingy (I don't know terms. Still haven't worked with this equipment properly.) on the light behind him. We used the flash to trigger the backlight. The first couple of tries the wrong flash was going off, the one on the camera. I think this picture was one of those test shots where the flash was screwy. I still don't understand why the back light is colored the way it is. 

ISO: 100
APERTURE: 5.0
SHUTTER SPEED: 1/10

This picture was actually one of the final ones I processed. I think this is my final image on the project that I actually like. We had to get a shorter "Jedi" to pose for us so that he wasn't too y'all for the studio setup. Before this, I told him to just get out there and pose but he wasn't very spread out. The pictures began looking like a black blob hold a light saber. I decided I needed to interfere and pose him so that you could tell the subject was a human. I had him hold out his hand, so I feel it looks a lot better than pictures prior. 

Comments

Popular

First Place ATPI Advanced Portfolio

Ashley Tyson Senior Pictures

Headshots: Carlie Clem