Headshots

ISO: 1250
APERTURE: 2.8
SHUTTER SPEED: 1/125

I shoot a lot of theatre and about as many headshots. This was a combination of both. I was assigned to get an environmental portrait of Emily McDonald for theatre. I know what you're thinking. This isn't a portrait! Of course, I'm not stupid. It's a headshot, and not a great one either! I asked Sydney how she wanted the photo done and she just said a headshot would be fine since it's just going in the newspaper. This was taken in the hallway in the theatre. The ambient light is weird, so I had to run up my ISO because I didn't have a flash. I should have worried about the background first because the door is blown out, but I worked my histogram like Smith told me to. I started at the left with the dark side working on background first. Then, I worked my way over and pulled the blown out part down. As a last resort I used the brush tool to pull up the subject and make her pop as the "subject" of the picture. 

Comments

Popular

First Place ATPI Advanced Portfolio

Ashley Tyson Senior Pictures

Headshots: Carlie Clem