21. Red

ISO: 100
APERTURE: 8.0
SHUTTER SPEED: 1/250

This picture ended up being my favorite. I loved the pose, but the way it ended up being edited sucked. It's still too dark, but I like how the left side is lit. I just want to bring up the shadows, but I'll have time to play with it. The neat part was that Smith showed me this software on the laptop to smooth out her skin which helped a lot. The first time I tried to take these pictures I broad lit her. Then Smith explained how to correctly pose her. I learned that shoulders down point away from the light, and neck up point towards the light. I set up a parabolic flash to her right and set it to 1/8th power. I had to put the reflector angled under her on the opposite side so that some light caught her opposite side and she wasn't just half a face. 

ISO: 100
APERTURE: 8.0
SHUTTE SPEED: 1/250

I'm not a fan of this pose, but I like the exposure and editing in this picture better. I really like how her eyes pop. While I took these I remembered how Smith always says the eyes are the gateway to the soul or whatever so I really tried to focus on her eyes. He also showed me the iris enhancement in Lightroom. 

Comments

Popular

First Place ATPI Advanced Portfolio

Ashley Tyson Senior Pictures

Headshots: Carlie Clem