Adventures in Photoshop

ISO: 200
APERTURE: 11
SHUTTER SPEED: 1/200

For my first time using Photoshop and even attempting at trying to do anything cool in my bedroom with photography, I'm proud. I put a white poster board behind the camera and set in on sheets of white paper. I used a 580 flash and had it set to 1/32 power in manual. I turned out all my lights and took the picture. At first I started around f/8, but then realized it was too bright, so to balance it out I had to bring it up about two stops. I really enjoyed using the 10D because it's helped me to understand stops a lot better. 
I put this image in Lightroom 3.3 (the only version I have) and edited it like a high key picture. Ruth tried to show me how to do this, but ultimately I had to figure it out on my own when I got home. I copied the camera as the background layer then pulled in the skyline picture. I had to use the magnetic lasso tool and I tried to feather it, but I didn't know how to move and straighten it out once I finished originally, so I just kind of went with it. If you look closely, it's obviously not perfect, but I thought it was great for my first time!

Comments

Popular

First Place ATPI Advanced Portfolio

Ashley Tyson Senior Pictures

Headshots: Carlie Clem