Crayons

So, I was using my 10D and looking at pictures online that I wanted to recreate when I thought about trying to manipulate my depth of field. Sometimes I just feel lucky, and I usually keep my f/stop down all the way anyway for a fast shutter speed, but I felt like I was cheating, so I set up a white background and white paper in my bathroom to do this picture. I found it on the internet explaining depth of field. (I didn't really read the article. I just liked the picture.) 
ISO: 100
APERTURE: 8.0
SHUTTER SPEED: 1/125

This was the original picture I recreated. I used a flash. I couldn't get the picture in the dark, so I ended up turning on the lights in order to control my depth of field and focus. This is what I ended up with.

ISO: 100
APERTURE: 8.0
SHUTTER SPEED: 1/125

I noticed while I was taking pictures like that, that there were shadows going to the left of the crayons and I wanted a picture of them, so I took a vertical shot. The way the flash was pointing at the crayons gave them elongated shadows going to the right and I thought that looked awesome, so I kept experimenting with them and this is what I got. I thought this looked much more interesting than the first picture.

Comments

Popular

First Place ATPI Advanced Portfolio

Ashley Tyson Senior Pictures

Headshots: Carlie Clem