Christmas Photos

I took these pictures Christmas day around an iced over puddle. The only regret I have is not trying to utilize my ISO at 100 or 200 because now I don't know what they would've turned out like. These were my favorites.
ISO: 400
APERTURE: 5.6
SHUTTER SPEED: 1/4000

This is ice that my brother threw and it shattered. I thought is looked pretty because of the light, and it reminded me of glass. I tried to blind shoot this so that I didn't have to get a boring angle from above looking straight down on it. This helped with the light.

ISO: 400
APERTURE: 5.6
SHUTTER SPEED: 1/250

I thought this was a neat picture because the leaf is frosted, but the grass around it is green. I got down on eye level to see it. You can see the detail in the frost and leaf, but all the grass is out of focus. 

ISO: 400
APERTURE: 5.6
SHUTTER SPEED: 1/1000

The ice had neat indents in it, and I wanted to get neat pictures of them. I tried putting my camera as close to sitting on the ice as possible without setting it down and it falling through, so I had to blind shoot until I got the photo which was ridiculously hard. I pulled the vibrancy up on this a lot, but I like the blue color of the ice. 

ISO: 400
APERTURE: 5.6
SHUTTER SPEED: 1/1000

This is tied for my favorite picture that I took yesterday. There's so much detail in the ice and the blade of grass coming out of the ice really sticks out. Punny.

ISO: 400
APERTURE: 5.6
SHUTTER SPEED: 1/2000

This is the second picture tied for my favorite. The only reason I don't like this is because of where its focused. I couldn't really control that because I was sitting in the middle of the pond in rubber boots holding the camera down blind shooting and trying to stay dry. I'm glad I ended up with this though.

Comments

Popular

First Place ATPI Advanced Portfolio

Ashley Tyson Senior Pictures

Headshots: Carlie Clem