30 Project

1. Reflection
ISO: 160
APERTURE: 8.0
SHUTTER SPEED: 1/250

I could've taken this picture a bit more extreme. Rachel (left) could've been a little more rugged or crying with makeup running down her face while Caroline (right) could've presented her bright kind of character better.

2. Stack of Books
ISO: 160
APERTURE: 7.1
SHUTTER SPEED: 1/250

This was a poor editing job on my part. There's odd shadow things around the books, but I do like that you can see the detail in the books.

3. Undergarment
ISO: 1250
APERTURE: 3.5
SHUTTER SPEED: 1/40

My original idea for this photo was to sit in a tree in shorts with socks on and autumn leaves on the ground so the background was nice and pretty. That way, I could shoot down to my feet, but in an obvious was so it looks like I was sitting in a tree. I've kind of procrastinated, so I didn't have enough time to play with that. This is what came up. I just really like pictures with christmas lights and pictures that don't have a ton of color in them.

4. Repose
ISO: 1000
APERTURE: 4.5
SHUTTER SPEED: 1/2000

I felt like this representing still or unmoving. That's what I found when I researched the definition of repose. I took this in Mississippi with the minima. This is one of my favorite pictures that I have. 

5. Bauble
ISO: 800
APERTURE: 3.2
SHUTTER SPEED: 1/40

When I researched "bauble," this came up. This is the only kind of ornament like this that we have on our tree. I tried to make it interesting by putting in a little tiny basket because the basket is adorable!

6. Mode of Transport
ISO: 1600
APERTURE: 4.0
SHUTTER SPEED: 1/13

I honestly forgot I needed a mode of transport, but while I was in Mississippi with JB I got this picture of his dad's horse, Sandy. It really bothers me that the horse is just that much out of focus, but I tried my best. 


7. Spooky
ISO: 200
APERTURE: 2.5
SHUTTER SPEED: 1/250

I didn't really have a "spooky" picture, but I had to take a picture similar to this for a photo story. I just decided to hang some things. I figured if I sat down and thought about it then I could think of something better to do.

8. Liquid
ISO: 800
APERTURE: 2.5
SHUTTER SPEED: 1/250

Sydney showed me her water drop picture before this year and I thought it was neat. I figured no one else would think about this, and it was a better way to learn something new and be creative. I used a strobe tom the right and set a sequined jacket under the water bowl.

9. Meal
10. Nature/Outdoors
ISO: 800
APERTURE: 11.0
SHUTTER SPEED: 1/100

This picture was taken out by the lake. It had just rained so everything looks dark. I edited it by bringing up the vibrance so that all the leaves are brighter. 

11. Self
ISO: 160
APERTURE: 3.5
SHUTTER SPEED: 1/250

My self picture was really hard to collaborate, but I wanted to do something creative and simple. I googled "self" and a picture more cropped than this came up. This was my attempt at replicating it. I used the grey background and a 400 bee to create a shadow. I wanted to crop in closer to my face and do my makeup so my eyes were really big, but that didn't happen. I just covered my face because obviously I'm ridiculously hideous. Such a deep meaning. 

12. Ridiculous
13. Comforting
14. Art
ISO: 1600
APERTURE: 2.5
SHUTTER SPEED: 1/500

I was at JB's house and we made a fire in his fire pit in the back yard. It was super dark. JB accidently tripped over a log jutting out of the fire and we noticed all the sparks and ashes fly up. I thought it looked really neat, so we grabbed a camera and I took pictures. At one point I used the bulb setting and the sparks looked like strings coming up from the fire, it looked cool. For this picture, I just used normal settings. 

15. Pride
16. Clothing
ISO: 160
APERTURE: 6.3
SHUTTER SPEED: 1/250

This is a crap picture. You can't really tell the clothes on the ground. It's bad editing on my part. 

17. Affection
18. Inspired by Film
ISO: 
APERTURE:
SHUTTER SPEED:

I had this nature picture that I really liked, but I didn't want to use as my nature picture, so I decided to get a 35mm frame off the internet and place this picture in it. 

19. Toy
ISO: 160
APERTURE: 7.1
SHUTTER SPEED: 1/250

This is my favorite picture that I've taken. It tells a story, but it's really cute, and the colors are nice. I didn't o too much editing to it. I set up like a high key picture, but then used a bee with a grid to get shadows. 

20. Favorite Space
ISO: 1250
APERTURE: 3.5
SHUTTER SPEED: 1/20

MY CHRISTMAS LIGHTS WOULDN'T LIGHT UP IN THE MIDDLE!!!!
Other than that, this ia natural representation of my room normally. 

21. Red
ISO: 100
APERTURE: 8.0
SHUTTER SPEED: 1/250

This is the first picture I finished on my photo project. I ended up learning the difference in broad lighting. I like the exposure on this picture, but there's a better pose I like in another picture. 

22. Expression
ISO: 160
APERTURE: 8.0
SHUTTER SPEED: 1/250

This is one of my better portraits. I learned to get the wrinkles and dirt out of the background in photoshop. I put a vinette on the picture around the subject. I brought out the detail in her hair and detail on her costume, but left her skin really soft and creamy.  

23. Hair
ISO: 160
APERTURE: 8.0
SHUTTER SPEED: 1/250

Nice model shot, Morgan. 

24. To-Do List
25. Funny
ISO: 160
APERTURE: 11
SHUTTER SPEED: 1/250

I just thought this was funny.

26. You and a Loved One


27. Current Mood
ISO: 160
APERTURE: 11.0
SHUTTER SPEED: 1/250

I was originally going for a pissed off mood in front of the grey background, but I guess I can't look pissed off. So, I changed to lonely lost and alone. I guess that works too. I used the black backdrop and lit me with a flash and grid. I wish I could bring out the detail in my dark clothes, but leave the background as is so I don't look like a mud hole. 

28. Specific Body Part
ISO: 1600
APERTURE: 2.8
SHUTTER SPEED: 1/30

These are Ben's hands. I turned them black and white. There's a lot of detail in the pictures.

29. A Challenging Photo
ISO: 1600
APERTURE: 8.0
SHUTTER SPEED: 1.0

This wasn't necessarily "challenging." I had to get someone to hold the reflector over the air vent in the studio so the flame wouldn't rapidly move and I could use bulb. I also tried getting the light bibles around the image, but then the flame looked awful, so I ended up choosing this.

30. Triptych

My triptych isn't exactly how I would've liked for it to turn out. This taught me to actually sit and focus on what I'm shooting and what I want instead of just taking pictures to have them. I do like that there's detail in the apples though. I believe I'm a symmetrical person.

Comments

Popular

First Place ATPI Advanced Portfolio

Ashley Tyson Senior Pictures

Headshots: Carlie Clem