Cover Photos

ISO: 200
APERTURE: 1.8
SHUTTER SPEED: 1/4000

This is the first picture I took for our school spirit newspaper cover photo. The assignment called for just a picture with a megaphone and pom moms but an HDR. I decided that it would have more school spirit to put our tower in a bunch of dead space in a top corner just to add more flare. It wasn't exactly an HDR, but this is what happened instead. I liked this photo even though it wasn't the best, but they asked me to redo it. I grudgingly did because no photographer likes to think their photo wasn't good enough, but we work for the publications. 

ISO: 320
APERTURE: 5.6
SHUTTER SPEED: 1/2500

This is the photo that they requested. This I thought was super lame. It's just grass, and not even interesting grass. I was told to put this on the practice field and take the sigma 100-400mm lens and get at the top of the bleachers. That way the grass blurs, but it didn't really work. They both look like crap, but this is just ultimate crap. Rather than just having a horrible photo, I think it was just a bad assignment.

Comments

Popular

First Place ATPI Advanced Portfolio

Ashley Tyson Senior Pictures

Headshots: Carlie Clem