Images Worth Blogging About

ISO: 640
APERTURE: 2.8
SHUTTER SPEED: 1/320

I took this over a weekend in first semester while I was on a photography escapade with my friend, JB. He had just recently gotten a camera, and Smith was talking about how Texarkana actually has architecture.  We went downtown and in front of the jail, we saw these shoes all alone. JB just took a picture looking down on them from where he was standing and walked away from them. I thought that was a little ridiculous because the shoes could have a story from them. This photo did a poor job of depicting the story. I could've gotten the jail in the background to portray more, but I just liked this. 

ISO: 160
APERTURE: 11
SHUTTER SPEED: 0.5

For New Year's, JB and I decided to use time exposure for fireworks. This isn't exactly what I expected to get, but it was the best out of what I got. I had a 70-200mm lens and laid on the ground. Because I didn't get a tripod, I had to steady the camera on the ground. That's why there's a lot of negative ground space in the picture. If I could have eliminated that and got more spark trails in the picture, then it would've looked nicer. 

ISO: 160
APERTURE: 16
SHUTTER SPEED: 1/250

This was an attempt for Shoot-Out that never got completed. The idea was supposed to be a different angle of a guitar, so its the inside of a guitar looking out at a hand playing it. We didn't have an actual guitar, so we used cardboard and computer cables, and it shows. Other than faulty props, the lighting on Ruth's hand is way too harsh. I actually had to burn down the cardboard so it didn't have any lighting. The light was set up on the opposite side of the cardboard shining through a grid (20) on Ruth's hand. I should doubled the distance and brought my aperture down to decrease the ambient light and correctly light Ruth's hand to fix this problem.

ISO: 1000
APERTURE: 4.5
SHUTTER SPEED: 1/2000

I just love this picture. It's relatively easy. Anyone could've taken it,but I feel like it is legitimately one of the prettiest pictures I have taken. I didn't really have to think too much about it, or even edit it too much. It was just purely a basic and good image. 

Comments

Popular

First Place ATPI Advanced Portfolio

Ashley Tyson Senior Pictures

Headshots: Carlie Clem