Pinhole Camera

I decided to make a pinhole camera out of my DSLR after using my Holga camera with my adviser. I found a DIY online to make a pinhole "lens" out of a DSLR body cap. 
First I drilled a clean hole through the center of the cap, then I had to cut a piece of aluminum from a can in a square and clean it. Then, Make a tiny hole in the center and clean it again. I placed the pinhole in the drilled in hole on the body cap and placed adhesive on it. After it dried, I put tape around it to secure it. Lastly, I painted it black so that light on this inside wouldn't mess up the image. 

This is the end result: 



Since I didn't make this very precise, and I sort of just made it in a hurry, it could've turned out a lot better. Maybe had a spray painted the inside a flat black it would've worked a little better, and I slightly think I may have made the pinhole too big because the focus is a little off. Otherwise, I'm very pleased for having done this myself instead of just buying one online. 

This is the end result image which I thought was really cool.

ISO: 100
APERTURE: 00
SHUTTER SPEED: 0.4

I shot into the side of the sun on purpose because I wanted the rainbow leak. I thought it was really cool and gives more of the film kind of look. 

Comments

Popular

First Place ATPI Advanced Portfolio

Ashley Tyson Senior Pictures

Headshots: Carlie Clem