World of Warcraft

ISO: 200
APERTURE: 8.0
SHUTTER SPEED: 1/200

This was a picture that I had to take for a feature in print over kids who devote their time to World of Warcraft. We tried getting kids out several times that the story featured, but their teacher wouldn't let them out. The story was on deadline and needed to be sent to print so I snapped this picture of a kid I knew could get out of class real quick and played the computer game, but the staff writer didn't want to use it. She finally got the kids out, and I got the same picture. This was taken in our classroom. I had two girls hold a white background sheet behind the subject and put a fake monitor, keyboard and mouse on the end of a desk. I put a 600 flash in front of the screen in slave mode. To make the image look blue like a dark computer in a room would, I turned the white balance to tungsten. Tungsten adds more blue to the image to balance it and correct it to white, but this way we manipulated it to look blue. This is why in scary movies, when a scene is suppose to look dark, they shoot blue. They can't actually shoot in the dark. 

Comments

Popular

First Place ATPI Advanced Portfolio

Ashley Tyson Senior Pictures

Headshots: Carlie Clem