Recreations and Student Teaching

Since I am one of Smith's first students to ever actually want to take this profession in a teaching aspect instead of an actual freelance photographer, he allows me to help orchestrate his first year classes. How fitting, seeing as I'm our senior staff photo editor. Last class, during his B4 photojournalism class, Smith was absent at home taking care of his daughter. I had to basically teach the class like I knew he would. He left instructions to make a new photo challenge for the class's next project. I had everyone brainstorm ten ideas on a piece of paper then turn them in. We read them aloud and discussed them as a class until we all agreed on thirty ideas. We talked them out and wrote them on the board. After that, I sent them with cameras and their phones to go start on their project. I think this helps me like a real world environment. It would be an everyday situation I would be in. I really enjoyed it because the class all came together to discuss. It made me more confident in the career path I wish to pursue in being a journalism teacher.

Secondly, this class period, I am going through blogs of past staff members that have been discussed in classes and deemed a well known photography alumni. My newest project I want to do since I have little time for personal creativity is kind of big. I want to go through every past staff member that I look up to as a good photographer's blogs or work and find one image to recreate. This is almost my "tribute" to them. I hope to finish this this year and put it all in one blog post.

Comments

  1. Good job Smith for trusting you and I'm so jelly because I wish I could've done something like that. Love my Nugget. Keep up the hard work bb.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular

First Place ATPI Advanced Portfolio

Ashley Tyson Senior Pictures

Headshots: Carlie Clem