Time Exposure at the Fair

ISO: 160
APERTURE: 13.0
SHUTTER SPEED: 2.0

I went to the fir three times, paying all three times to only take pictures for a couple hours. It was worth it though. I wanted to play around with time exposure because the fair is full of opportunities in regards to time lapse. I wanted to use off camera flash to stop action. I had my lovely assistant Ashley Tyson holding a 600 flash on a monopod pointed towards the people sitting in the swings. I put a flash on my camera and used it just as a trigger making it the master. I used the studio concept and painting with light idea of killing ambient light, so I set my ISO very low. I played with my aperture until it looked right because I wanted to drag my shutter for the moving swings effect.

Comments

Popular

First Place ATPI Advanced Portfolio

Ashley Tyson Senior Pictures

Headshots: Carlie Clem