Offset Stripes

I don't actually know what this is called, but I liked the idea of it. I haven't executed nearly as well as I would like to, but I'm not finished. Its a work in progress. I haven't found any explanations as to how to achieve this picture, but I've speculated with my adviser and ended up coming to my own conclusion and roundabout way as to how to get my desired image. 


This is the original inspiration for this project. I still haven't exactly figured out how many images are in this. 
I took the one base picture I had and found a horizontal stripe pattern on the Internet. I put it over the base picture and used the magnetic lasso tool in Photoshop then erased certain stripes. On a second copy of the picture, I did the same thing. I put the images in Photoshop then tried to shift them so the images were lapsed. 

I came out with two different images, the only difference being how many spacings I chose to lapse the stripes.

This was nudged just one space on both images in either direction, but it didn't exactly look right to me. 


This was closer to the original photo, but didn't turn out exactly how I wanted it to.  I still think it was a neat idea, and I'm working on it. Hopefully I'll figure it out.



Comments

Popular

First Place ATPI Advanced Portfolio

Ashley Tyson Senior Pictures

Headshots: Carlie Clem