Fourth of July

I really didn't know what ballpark my settings should even be on fourth of July. I just messed around until I got what I was looking for. I had a general idea because of our painting with light knowledge and I looked at it as the same type of scenario. This is what I ended up with. I didn't narrow it down for my blog because there was something I liked or disliked about every photo. 
ISO: 200
APERTURE: 2.8
SHUTTER SPEED: 1/80

ISO: 200
APERTURE: 2.8
SHUTTER SPEED: 1/20

This is one of my favorites because of the color and because of the shadows. It almost looks like it has a weird flash angle on it in the clouds. 

ISO: 200
APERTURE: 2.8
SHUTTER SPEED: 1/20

ISO: 200
APERTURE: 2.8
SHUTTER SPEED: 1/20

ISO: 200
APERTURE: 2.8
SHUTTER SPEED: 1/20

I like that you can't see where the fireworks originated, but you can see the ends of them like they just appeared out of thin air.

ISO: 200
APERTURE: 2.8
SHUTTER SPEED: 1/10

I don't like this one because it's too blown out and there are pixels that aren't there in the center. I do like the lines coming out of the fire.

ISO: 200
APERTURE: 2.8
SHUTTER SPEED: 1/10

I wish I had a 10-24 and could get super close to this without it cutting off the fireworks at the top. I like the colors and the cool lines. 

ISO: 200
APERTURE: 2.8
SHUTTER SPEED: 1/10

ISO: 200
APERTURE: 2.8
SHUTTER SPEED: 1/5

I don't even understand how I got this one. I do like the idea of this. I saw it happening and just took my opportunity. Ruth's dad lit fireworks and stood back to watch them I took a shot and got this. It's a little fuzzy around his silhouette, but I haven't seen anything like it so I was happy with it. 

ISO: 100
APERTURE: 2.8
SHUTTER SPEED: 1/50

I like this one just because it was really simple.

ISO: 3200
APERTURE: 2.8
SHUTTER SPEED: 1/40

I thought the next couple were pretty photojournalistic. I tried to tell a story and focus on people, not only the fireworks. Mr. Arnold had a pump in his mouth and was lighting multiple fireworks. If I had waited any longer to snag this, then I wouldn't have gotten this shot. 

ISO: 3200
APERTURE: 2.8
SHUTTER SPEED: 1/40

I like the angle and crop on this photo. I wish I could figure out settings so it was so grainy, but I'm still happy that the firework isn't too blown out. 

ISO: 3200
APERTURE: 2.8
SHUTTER SPEED: 1/200

I like this as an opening photo in a portfolio. 

ISO: 3200
APERTURE: 2.8
SHUTTER SPEED: 1/30

ISO: 3200
APERTURE: 2.8
SHUTTER SPEED: 1/50

ISO: 3200
APERTURE: 2.8
SHUTTER SPEED: 1/60

Comments

Popular

First Place ATPI Advanced Portfolio

Ashley Tyson Senior Pictures

Headshots: Carlie Clem