Youth Announcements Graphic 9/7/16


This is probably my favorite type of graphic to do because it's fun. Again, I was trying to do something quick and on the spot. This took about two hours to do, and would've been easier working with vectors in Illustrator, but again I was limited to Photoshop. Luckily, my job has a license for Adobe so I can start using my products through that and won't run into this problem anymore. I like that it can look messy and not perfect. I had my Wacom tablet from Intuos, but forgot my cable and pen. That would have been awesome to use for free form sketching especially on the arrows for example in Illustrator. Moral of today's story, come to work prepared with all my gear in a backpack in case I need something.  The flag could have looked ton better, and three of the arrows are the same one copied and contorted, which I would love to fix, but was running out of time. I like this design because its a lot more interesting than just writing out a list in Microsoft Word and handing it to a group of high school and middle school kids. This grabs more attention. I want to start doing more graphics this way, and would like to gain more skill in this area. I'm thinking I may do something like this to decorate my apartment and blow it up on a poster and frame it, but that's just another project to add to my ever-growing list.

Also, new thoughts, I don't know if this is just me being really harsh about my own work, but the image is really top heavy and definitely looks like I was running out of room towards the bottom and had to condense. That's something I need to more closely look at in future endeavors.

Comments

Popular

First Place ATPI Advanced Portfolio

Ashley Tyson Senior Pictures

Headshots: Carlie Clem