Convocation 8-26-15

My school requires four semesters of chapel credit for all students since we are a private school. I am enrolled in chapel this semester. Convocation is a more formal chapel held in our gym arena the first Wednesday of every month. We have a guest speaker from the community or administration speak to us about whatever they feel is relevant and important. This was not only my first chapel, but my first photography assignment at UMHB. Here's how it turned out:

ISO: 1600
APERTURE: 2.8
SHUTTER SPEED: 1/80

ISO: 1600
APERTURE: 2.8
SHUTTER SPEED: 1/80

I am fully aware and take responsibility for these two pieces of crap. So, here's everything I know to be wrong with them. First, let me just preface with no one told me dress code for this, so I wore a tee shirt that wasn't even from our school. Therefore I was put in the stands. It was super awkward because I didn't want to move around too much. The bleachers squeak and everyone's quiet. I had a flash, and Smith would probably slap my hands for saying this to him, but I didn't use it. I didn't use it BECAUSE I didn't want to disrupt the ceremony and the focus go to me instead of to the speaker. It was one of those, "photograph the event, don't become the event" type situations. Our gym, like any, has the absolute worst lighting, so while I thought bumping the ISO up and aperture down would work just fine, I had t sharpen my images because they would be just a fraction soft. I shot with a Canon 70D and a 16-35mm f/2.8 lens. So, that's about how my first assignment went.

Comments

Popular

First Place ATPI Advanced Portfolio

Ashley Tyson Senior Pictures

Headshots: Carlie Clem