Newspaper Double Truck- December Issue

ISO: 400
APERTURE: 8.0
SHUTTER SPEED: 1/200

This photo went full bleed as the double truck in the December issue. It was taken kind of in a hurry because of deadline. I basically had to do a creeper project set up like I learned last year. I had Ashley squat and hide her face for the purpose of her not being associated with the story, and act scared. I had Smith stand and act as a shadow. I used a 600 on the camera just as a trigger for the 600 on a light stand. I beamed the light at eye level and had it to my left behind Smith. Originally we metered for the shadow first. Once we got that setup, we set up for Ashley, so she would be exposed correctly. Once we tried to do that, the shadow was very light and faint, so we brought the ISO up to 400 from about 200. Then it came out like this. Our newspaper adviser wanted this to be a nice wide shot, so I used a 10-24mm.

Comments

Popular

First Place ATPI Advanced Portfolio

Ashley Tyson Senior Pictures

Headshots: Carlie Clem