Not Edited

This past week I snagged Ruth Arnold aside and asked her to help me out. We shot a drumline practice, a friend of our skateboarding (which was probably the hardest thing I've ever done) and on my own, I took photos from the Hope Watermelon Festival and my friends. These are just a few things that came out of it. I feel like I still don't completely know what I'm doing with settings, but it's a lot better than before. 
None of these have been edited. 


ISO: 320
APERTURE: 16
SHUTTER SPEED: 1/50

I think the exposure in this picture is pretty alright. It's focused and you can see detail. You can't really see his face, but this isn't going in the yearbook anyway. 

ISO:1000
APERTURE: 3.5
SHUTTER SPEED: 1/30

This photo could have been so much better. I was right in the fact that I was in the right place at the right time to snap this, but the teacher is out of focus and kids are staring at the camera. I think a good point about it is that fact that all the students are laughing. 

ISO: 1000
APERTURE: 2.5
SHUTTER SPEED: 1/160

This was alright focus-wise. It would have been better if I had gotten Josh from the front side instead of the back. 

ISO: 1000
APERTURE: 2.5
SHUTTER SPEED: 1/80

This is alright. Not amazing on any standards, but it shows the students playing. The girl in the middle looks more in focus than the boy in the purple shirt, but your eye is drawn to the boy. The boy on the end in the blue shirt is cutting off another girl. 

ISO: 160
APERTURE: 16
SHUTTER SPEED: 1/160

This is my favorite picture I took in this photog session. The exposure seems to be the best I've shot so far. I could do without the street light in his right shoulder. 




Comments

Popular

First Place ATPI Advanced Portfolio

Ashley Tyson Senior Pictures

Headshots: Carlie Clem